Saturday, March 27, 2010

Excitement

We are getting so excited! Please pray that we have more time to prepare. We have been so busy the last two weeks. We need time to continue our reading and devotions and just spiritual renewal.

Today we actually have a day home. We have things to do, but at least there are no definate things that are pressing on our time! It feels good to be home with our kids.

On Tuesday, Ashley and I brought our friends Kori and Rebecca Vander Kooi to the airport in Chicago. They left for their trip to Uganda. It makes me so excited. It was good to drop them off at the airport so we know exactly what we need to do and how the whole thing works. Reading her blog also just makes me want to be there. It also gives me an urgency to get some stuff done to prepare. You may read her blog if you desire. www.vanderkooivida.blogspot.com

Talking about preparing, my niece, Anna, came over on Thursday and she brought two skirts that she made for me!! I love them sooooo much. I think I am going to wear them to church here. I have already been wearing them any chance I get. I think I could get used to wearing dresses all the time. By the way, my niece is so fabulous that she won't let me pay her for her work! And my sister-in-law paid for the material. God has blessed us in so many ways.

Please keep praying for us as we prepare. Pray that we will have time and energy. Please pray as we prepare our hearts, that we will be in tune with the Holy Spirit and we will be able to see clear direction! Pray for the Ugandans, that they will accept us and they will be fast friends. Please continue praying for Tim and Angie as they are still adjusting to life back in Uganda with no Josh and Mandy. Also please pray for our friends, Kori and Rebecca, and their friend Karin, that they will have a safe and positive trip.

We love you all and continue to be in awe of the wonderful church, friends, and family we have. God has truly blessed us with wonderful people in our lives!

2 comments:

The VanderKooi Family said...

I finally have had a chance to read your blog! I´m excited to see how God has been taking care of you (wow! for the skirts!) and how He has even used our trip to help you get excited for your own. Can´t wait to talk face to face soon.

Franklincovey said...

Very nice, coincides nicely with a blog post I read yesterday about it.
www.franklincovey.com.au/