Friday, November 18, 2011

Sipi Falls



The edge!

Three beautiful girls, inside and out!

This family was hulling the coffee beans!








Chris and Michele and their daughter Chloe came on a Vision Trip to Uganda to see if God is calling them long-term here. After a busy week of visiting all the ministry sites in Soroti we all went to Sipi Falls for a time of reflection and relaxation. We hiked to the top of Sipi falls, which was not relaxing, but it was wonderful. Our God is an amazing creator!
This trip brought back so many memories from when we came on our vision trip. It was wonderful to see God's faithfulness in the last 2 years. It was wonderful to be at Sipi with our kids and enjoy it the way I imagined they would. They climbed like troopers. They were the leaders of the pack right behind our guide. They enjoyed the Cameleon that Tim bought from some boys in the bush. They were covered from head to toe with dirt, just as I imagined they would be. It was so fun to see them playing in the stream and washing off in the stream water. They didn't get very clean, but it was better than before.
We slept in tents and listened to the waterfall all night long and Steve and the kids got up early in the morning to hike to the top of the falls.

What a wonderful reminder of our awesome God! He not only showed me his beautiful creation of the earth, but the beautiful creation of His people. The people live so simply in the mountains and they are so happy and content!

I wish I could write all my thoughts down, but it would take forever and I can't type as fast as my mind thinks. I really just want you all to be impressed with our wonderful Creator!! He is amazing!!

2 comments:

kristyvan said...

Wow what beautiful land over there God has created...I hope we get to see some of that:)

Franklincovey said...

The article is ver good. Write please more
www.franklincovey.com.au/