Friday, November 18, 2011

Introducing some of our friends

Joshua, Timoth and Simon! They greet me every time I drive by! "Mazungo, how are you?"

Manuel, always so serious, but a great kid!

Felix, he is a fun kid! Always pulling funny faces!

This is much more my speed! Sitting and visiting with the kids, especially the preteen and teenage girls! I love them already!

This is me trying to play futball with them!  I wiped out and I decided I am much to old to run with these kids! This Saturday we are going to bring out the wiffle ball and bat! Hopefully I can do this a little more gracefully than futball! Even though I am still bruised from my fall, it was worth every minute of fun!

Odong made a car with our trash! These kids are so creative!

Teddy is the girl in the flowered shirt!  She speaks great English so that is very helpful!

Brenda and her baby sister

Sharon

My good friend Christine, she helps me with so many things. She is such a blessing to me!

Troy and his friend Celestine
We are getting to know some of our neighbors and we are having so much fun. God has blessed us with the perfect neighborhood for our family. Right outside our gate is a large field where kids gather to play futball (soccer) and volleyball. The kids are mostly the teachers kids and they are very respectful and kind. They love it when we come out and play with them. 

It is kind of crazy though. When I walk around I see so much of my trash being made into toys. How very humbling! I don't break down my boxes anymore, because then they are useable for making toys. 
The neighborhood kids are all very interested in Ashley's hair. They want to touch it! She doesn't mind at all! She is feeling more and more comfortable here. She keeps telling me how much she loves it! I am so glad God has relieved so much of her anxiety and longing for Michigan. She still misses people so much, but is very comfortable here.

Thank-you so much for your continued prayers.  We are so blessed to know that we have a family of God back in the states praying for us. 

2 comments:

kristyvan said...

Looks like fun and what wonderfl smiles on all the kids faces!!

Franklincovey said...

Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. I think you should post more frequently, you evidently have natural ability for blogging!
www.franklincovey.com.au/