Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bible lesson

I have just started a new Bible curriculum with my kids. Today the lesson was about Moses and the burning bush. We lit a candle and I asked the kids what was happening. It was burning, it was being consumed or destroyed. We talked about what it must have been like for Moses to see this burning bush. What was he thinking? He must have been amazed!
I started thinking about this. The burning bush is an amazing picture of our lives. God was in that burning bush and that is why it was not being consumed. When we have God as our center, we will not be consumed or destroyed. We pray and talk so much at our team meetings and as we gather together about keeping Christ in the center. We need to keep Christ as the center in ALL our lives. He needs to help us in this work and world so that we will not be consumed.
I love that God is using my kids curriculum to help me grow in my faith. I pray that I can be so excited about it that my kids will grow stronger in their relationship to our Father.

2 comments:

tanddfam5 said...

Enjoyed your post. So exciting and encouraging. Blessings!

Franklincovey said...

This is an excellent review.I would love to read more about this topic.
www.franklincovey.com.au/