Sunday, November 6, 2016

Thoughts in the morning! November 7th, 2016

May God be gracious to us and bless us
    and make his face to shine upon us, Selah
that your way may be known on earth,
    your saving power among all nations.
Let the peoples praise you, O God;
    let all the peoples praise you!
Psalm 67: 1-3


2 Corinthians 4:16-18English Standard Version (ESV)

16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self[a] is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
I woke up and had so many thoughts running through my mind! Mainly, the thought that God needs to be exalted in this storm! We are so thankful for the community of believers around the world!! We feel the love and support from our American families and also from our Ugandan family!
 Last night, Dr. Juventine called me and we were discussing all the medical stuff and I don't know how to explain it all. Today when the doctor comes, I will call Dr. Juventine so he can talk to them. But anyway, he also reminded me that this is probably also a spiritual battle!! Steve has been so excited about ministry and God is working through him in ways we didn't expect. Satan is not happy! The devil has used this form (medical) of attack before on Steve. We know that God is in control and the devil will be defeated! I proceeded to cry with Dr. Juventine, but I am so thankful for his godly wisdom and knowledge of God's word. We are truly blessed with awesome godly pastors on both sides of the world!! 
I know that many people are praying for Steve's health to be restored, but I also ask you to pray that this will strengthen our faith in ways that infuriates the devil and God is glorified and made known among the nations! 
Steve is progressing in his healing and we are able to talk to each other now. He doesn't get so winded and it is good to have my husband back to at least this capacity. Last night, the nurse checked him and he was only on 3.9 liters and his oxygen was 91. I will go back to the hospital at around 9:30 am and I am praying that he has progressed even more! 
The kids went camping last night with our friends at Sisyi Falls and today they will go from there to Mbale to go swimming!! I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for our "team" here in Uganda! My kids are loved and cared for!! Jennifer (nurse) and Daniel (vet) are with them which is so nice that they can encourage them with the good reports of progress on Steve and my kids will trust them. Rachel (Daniel's wife) is with them so she can squish them and love on them!! God has made them all uniquely designed and they will be well cared for! This is such an encouragement to Steve and I. There are so many more people helping with their care and can't even begin to thank them enough! They are being the hands and feet of Jesus to them!! 
I am blessed with this little haven of peace to reflect and be in God's Word! God really does take care of all the little details!

1 comment:

Deb said...

You are such an inspiration to me! I will continue to pray for Steve's health and for "infuriating" protection from the fiery darts!

Ephesians 6:16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;

Love you Tiesenga Family!
Deb