Saturday, October 1, 2011

In Soroti

We have made it to Soroti and we are adjusting to life. We have been without power about everyother night and we have no water.  Our water tank broke and no the city water is shut off! We are praying that the water will be turned on soon.
There is so much I want to write, but I will wait for pictures so you can see it as I discribe it!
We did the Ride for Refuge today in Soroti. It was very fun, but very hot on the way home. It was different this year to actually ride my bike instead of doing the food! The food was also very different here than in Byron Center. We had bisquits(kind of like a graham cracker) and bananas. We also made bran muffins! I will post pictures of our ride soon, but Steve and Drew are still out riding and he knows where the cord is. Can't wait to see pictures from the Ride for Refuge in Byron Center!

3 comments:

FISHER said...

PRAYING FOR WATER! JUST WOKE UP IN HUDSONVILLE, KIDIST SAYS HI! GETTING READY TO RIDE. LOVE YOU GUYS.

The VanderKooi Family said...

We're praying for water, too.
So glad you could do the Ride, too. Ours was not the same without you here, but like every other year, I could only stand amazed at God's goodness and provision of so many volunteers, riders and donors to make it a success. And He smiled upon us with sunshine, to boot. I'll post lots of pics once I get them from our tech guy. Praying for you.

Franklincovey said...

Thank you so much for that nicely written piece of text.
www.franklincovey.com.au/