Friday, October 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are in our new home. I am really loving it. It is so different from a new home in the states. It is still dirty and there are holes in the walls and I don't have any counter in the kitchen yet. But, I do have a stove and a refrigerator. I also have a sink although it has no hot water. We always have to warm up our water or fetch it from the bathroom. I am learning to adjust to life here. I really do love it. I am realizing how many things I took for granted in the states. Things like hot water, electricity, fast food, even different foods. The Ugandans eat the same thing most of the time. I feel like I eat the same things all the time here too. It doesn't really bother me though. When the Israelites were in the dessert they lived on manna and they complained and God was angry. Why should I complain when I have way more choices than manna. God is our provider and he will provide what we NEED. He does not promise us everything we want, but he does say he will provide for our needs. Our only NEED is HIM!

Drew helped take the beds apart and he also helped carry them out! He is growing up so much.

 A truck full of things


Josh and Steve carrying in one of our yellow totes


It is a little hot here


Even the girls helped!


In our new home

No comments: