Friday, June 11, 2010

Worship Time in Soroti

Everyother Saturday night the team gets together to worship and they invite their Ugandan friends. This was an amazing night for me. We worshipped there in a way that I crave to worship here. All nations joined to worship the One and Only God. We prayed to our glorious Father in Heaven. We thanked Him and we petitioned Him. We sang praises to Him. It made me feel so close to the team in Uganda, the Ugandans, and above all, I felt closer to my heavenly Father. At the worship service, Richard (a Ugandan friend) spoke about the battles that Jehosaphat was facing and how he inquired of God. He didn't inquire of his friends, but of God. I was thinking that night of all the battles that we may face as we go home. We face the battles preparing to return, battles to help family and friends understand our call, battles for our time. I pray that I can go to God alone. As we sat in this worship time, I sobbed through most of it. I just kept thinking about how this is one of the most wonderful times I have ever had and how it is one of the hardest times I had ever had. I kept picturing my children in that room and I was overwhelmed. I know that this is where they are supposed to be, but I also knew how hard it would be to leave the people I love back home. We ended in prayer after several people had shared what God had revealed to them through His Word. As we prayed, I just prayed that God would be preparing the hearts of my children and preparing the hearts of the people I love so much.
There are many trials in Soroti, but we know that God works in all things for the good of those who love Him. Even as missionaries there are alot of daily struggles, but we trust God to provide the way, to prepare our hearts. We serve a great and mighty God.

1 comment:

Franklincovey said...

awesome post here. it is very useful for me.
www.franklincovey.com.au/