Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finally Some Pictures!!

So these pictures are kind of out of order, but I didn't know if they would come up so I will just explain them and then later add pictures to the days as I go. These children are from the Karamoja tribe where we worshipped on the first Sunday. This tribe is a very poor tribe as you can see by there clothes. These children sat thru a 2 hour service and probably had been sitting there a while before we came.


This little boy was also at Karamoja, he came in because he heard the music. He came and sat down next to Steve and he was just so cute. Alot of these kids have hardly ever seen a white person.
This is David at Amecet, he is very tiny and has a broken collar bone and he also has a burn on the side of his head from being improperly treated for Malaria.



This is our friend Moses. On the way to Karamoja we had problems with our vehicle because we kept bottoming out. Moses was always so willing to help and he fixed it along with Tim. He also changed two flat tires on the way home. He also our translator at the church service. Great guy!




This is the beautiful market. I wish I could put all the sights and sounds on here too. The Avocados here are huge and they are soooo good. Pinapple is very sweet and not near as acidic as here! We loved being in the market!






This is how they carry everything in Soroti and really all over Uganda. I will show more pictures of all the things they put on thier bikes. It was quite amazing. I was just worried about riding a bike in a dress. I did it and it was fine.
I will try to post more, but for now this is all I have time for.








1 comment:

Anya Plummer said...

Very nice Tanya! Love to hear more! :)