Monday, June 6, 2016

Pray for Christine

I really don't even know how to write this to explain it, but I am going to try.

My friend, Christine, just lost her sister, Mary. Mary was young and married to a man who had another wife. In Uganda, it is very normal for a man to have many wives. I have met Mary many times and she was a lovely young woman.
I just found our today that Mary was killed by her co-wife's brother. Seriously, how does this happen!!??  He raped her and then broke her neck. He is now on the run and I pray the police find him.
Christine is a Christian and I pray that she was able to witness to Mary. I pray that Mary knew the Lord and he was with her in her final hours! I can't get it out of my mind.

Please join me in praying for Christine and her family! Pray that Christine can be a light to them and that they will come to know Jesus through this difficult time!

I wish I knew what else to write, but honestly, I am just in shock. Please pray for me as a digest this information.

1 comment:

The VanderKooi Family said...

This is so, so sad. Praying for you all always, and we will especially be praying for Christine and all of those affected by this horrible tragedy. Love you all!