Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Oscar's Family


Oscar is a handsome little boy at our church. He doesn't always come, but when he does he just melts my heart. He usually comes with his younger siblings and he is in charge of them. He is quite fascinated with my watch and loves to listen to the little beeps it makes. My friends at church were wondering who this little boy was and thought maybe he was mine. I also was asking them who he was and were his parents were.  One Sunday the mother also showed up for church and I was so excited to see the love she has for them. She also is so incredibly young. I finally found where they lived and I have felt God calling me to minister to this young mom and her children. 
I have stopped to greet them before with my friend Catherine and today we went for a short visit. We brought them a small gift and prayed with them. When I asked her if I could pray for her, she asked if I was asking her to pray to be "born again". She said she wasn't ready for that. I told her that I was praying for God to heal her family and praying that God would reveal himself to her. I was so glad for our visit and I plan to visit her more often. I pray that someday she will know the peace of God and also his salvation! 


Mom with Charles

Oscar!!

Justine

Kate trying to hug Justine

Me with my handsome little men, Collins and Oscar!

Collins