Thursday, November 21, 2013

Meet Rose

Meet my friend Rose, she goes to our church and has ten children. I think she is beautiful and I find her children delightful. One of her older daughters is Miriam and she has somehow captured my attention. She seems genuine and sweet, just like her mother. Miriam would love to be a midwife someday and I ask you to join me in praying for her dreams to be fulfilled. 

On Thursday, we were invited to visit with Miriam and her family. We took the afternoon off school and we took boda boda's over to her village. The prepared us a meal of Achok(sweet potatoes) and G-nut paste soup, which is one of my favorite meals. They also prepared meat, cabbage, rice and potatoes. It was a wonderful meal, but the best part was being with this wonderful family. 



This is Rose, always smiling and laughing! or yelling at one of her children! LOL 
This is Rose's son Paul, he is Drew's age.


Becca(left) is also Rose's daughter and this is her friend Teddy, they were in the kitchen cooking, if you notice the smoke.

These are typical Ugandan chairs. When you arrive in the village you are given a chair in the shade and then you sit and wait.

Aaron is Troy's age and is also one of Rose's children.

This is Miriam, she is a beautiful girl and I thank her for welcoming me to her village and allowing me to be at home there. She has taught me how to dig potatoes. She has brought me to the well to pump water and she is always laughing at me as I try to do her hard work! 

She amazes me!!

Playing games in the dirt!

Digging Potatoes!

Even my boys ( Joshua 1, Joshua 2, Emma Drew and Troy) got in on the fun!

In this picture the boys are watching Amy (teacher) learn how to dig! They all thought they could do it better than her, but I think she proved them wrong!

Amy learning to dig!

We were all quite impressed with her large potato!

The boys decided to go swimming in the crop! 

If you look closely, you will see the many bugs that they kicked up!