Friday, January 27, 2012

Not much going on!

I don't have much to report, but things are going really well. We have gotten into a nice routine with schooling. We usually do Bible, Math, Spelling and Writing in the morning, then break for lunch and after lunch we finish the day with five minute Math Drills, reading, Science and sometimes Geography.  I try to make every day a little different, but stick to basically the same schedule. We are usually finished with class between 1:30 and 2. Sometimes, they have a little bit of work they have to finish after class. This is usually Ashley since a little more is required of her.

Steve continues to be very busy, and will be getting busier. Next week he will be starting to make weekly or bi-weekly visits out to the village to follow-up with the pastors who are doing the TLT program. Right now he has been going out with Josh for the actually training so this will be an exciting change for him. He is great at relationship building and encouraging and we are excited to see what it will lead to.  He is also starting a study on Theophostic Prayer.  This will be one time a week for about 1/2 of a day. He is looking forward to having a regular routine. Besides all the village visits, on Monday he is starting language learning( he was supposed to start this week, but Pastor Francis got Malaria) about every other day or as much as possible.  I have to continually tell him that he needs to be finished with work around 5:30 so we can have some family time.

Life takes so much time here. We seem to always be fixing a tire being called to this persons home or called to help transport to school or a village.  We love it and it is helping us build great relationships. Our kids have been troopers. Days that we go out to the village are really long days. We usually have an overpacked van and the roads are incredibly rough. When we arrive in the village, we do a lot of sitting and we are served food that my kids are not familiar with. They are complaining less and less in the vehicle. That is a blessing!!

Another thing that I am learning to enjoy here is cooking!  I love to cook and here I am forced to, because believe me there are not very many good restaurants here.  There are two places we can eat at that are restaurants, but you selection is chicken or fish or chicken or fish. It gets pretty boring. At home I enjoy trying new recipes and baking lots of bread. My kids do not complain about food near as much as they used to.  They know that we are limited and I think they know that I am trying.

Well, I wish I had more pictures to post, but we have not taken many lately!  Who wants to take a picture of me teaching?!

We continue to miss you all and look forward to any emails and skype chats. We covet your prayers for continued open doors for ministry.  We feel so blessed to be serving God in this way and want to be faithful to what he has called us to.

No comments: