Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Women's Bible Study

God had been placing on my heart to start a women's Bible Study.  A couple of weeks ago, I started facilitating a study on being a servant for Christ. I really pray that it will impact the women that attend, including myself. 
We have a young women (M) that comes to the study and she is struggling with her marriage. She wants to honor God and be a respectful wife, but she is tired of being treated so poorly. One week she was asking if it was ok to attend events(Bible Studies, visiting family, etc.) without her husbands permission.  Culture is so different here that I wanted one of the Ugandan women (J) to answer her.  I was so blessed by J's response. She really encouraged M to pray for her husband.  Pray that God would transform him, and pray that he would allow her to attend.  She really encouraged her to respect her husband and win him to the Lord with her behavior.  She was so Biblical in her response and I was so thankful for women who love the Lord! 
Please join us in praying for M and her husband! Pray that they will have a godly marriage and will honor him in their respect for one another. 


No comments: